Friday, March 30, 2012

Southwest To Vegas

I wanted to comment on the question that EaglesFaninNJ asked about fitting into a Southwest seat.





We just came back from our trip to Vegas. Beforehand, just to make sure, I asked my husband to call Southwest and ask a human (instead of just reading the info on the website) about the guidelines for a ';customer of size';.





The agent (in fact, he called twice just to get 2 different answers for comparison) told him that the defining factor would be if the SEAT BELT EXTENDER would fit you. She gave the measurements of the extender (sorry, can%26#39;t remember it now) and I knew that it would definitely fit me. So...I didn%26#39;t worry about it again.





IF you can fit into a movie theater seat (one of the seats in the rooms where they put the movie after it has played a while - the seats are smaller in those rooms) then you WILL BE ABLE to fit into the Southwest airline seat.





No one even looked at me after arriving at the airport - not the baggage check in people, not the person taking the boarding passes at the gate and when I asked for a seat belt extender, the attendant was VERY nice - both times I had to ask - going to Vegas and coming home.





I have also flown to Baltimore without a problem.





I think this information is useful. You can call Southwest and ask them yourself if you need further confirmation. I don%26#39;t know why the information they have on their website differs from the information they tell you over the phone.





Also, it does help me that I travel with a thin husband. Opposites attract, you know %26lt;ggg%26gt;.



Southwest To Vegas


If you have ever flown and noticed the person next to you sitting diagonally instead of sitting straight up while, at the same time, any part of your body is touching them then.......BUY THE EXTRA SEAT. I pay for my seat not 3/4 of my seat. I will NOT fly across the country and be squished by someone who refuses to ';belly up to the bar'; and get the extra seat. Forget about airline requirements. How about just using some common sense. I am not trying to be mean to persons of size. In fact, there are some football players and other people who are large because they are just big muscular types.





That said, the Southwest passenger who they tried to get off the plane because a couple of her body parts were hanging out of her clothing is welcome to squish those into me. ( . ) ( . )



Southwest To Vegas


Although this is not an issue that I need to wory about as my husband and I are of average weight and height, I can tell you of an observation I have made on SW a few times-perhaps it will help.





If you are a ';person of size'; try to get an aisle seat. This will give you a bit more room as there is not another seat on one side of you. If you are traveling with someone, perhaps have them take the middle seat -they are bound to be more accepting of having a little of their space invaded and the armrest can be lifted if it helps.





I have seen this seating arrangement on a few flights and it does appear that it helps.





My husband and I both prefer aisle seats so we get adjoining ones. After 31 years of marriage we are ';ok'; with having a little distance between us ( LOL )and we both can occupy our time reading, watching a DVD, chatting with a seatmate(I tend to do this more but only if the other person seems receptive-I often find myself sitting next to Vegas ';newbies'; and the ask for suggestions which I gladly offer.)





Jan *****5 weeks from TODAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment