Thursday, April 19, 2012

Harrah's Check in at airport - Closed

Hi,



I thought I would share this information in case anyone finds it helpful. I just called the Rio to confirm our reservations for this Thursday and make a few room requests. While talking with the representative I asked which way we would have a better chance of getting our room requests 1) if we were to check-in at the airport or 2) the hotel. She informed me that they have discontinued doing airport check-ins. She said that they closed it down not quite two weeks ago. Bummer.





If anyone knows anything different I would love to hear it. I will miss being able to check-in there.





44 hours and counting 鈥?





Cass



Harrah's Check in at airport - Closed


bump



Harrah's Check in at airport - Closed


I also noticed it was closed when I arrived last Friday night. I was hoping this was a temporary thing. I had an event at a Harrah%26#39;s property on Saturday night and had 75 people checking in. Airport check-in was one of the tips we sent out. Too bad Harrah%26#39;s didn%26#39;t noify us in advance of this change. I noticed several slips in customer service going on at the property (not the catering staff, though - they were excellent).




Thanks very much for the update. Did she say this was just the Rio, or all Harrahs properties?



Just checking on future advice here. McCarran still hasn%26#39;t updated their website....




Okay, just reread corgimom....looks like all maybe?




Well, I just called Airport Check-in...and sure enough, Harrah%26#39;s is closing their desk at the end of this month...I asked if she knew why and she said it was a business decision.





BTW, she was very rude and told me that she was with a guest and didn%26#39;t have time to help me...great customer service! Can%26#39;t to see how we are treated at arrival!



FYI...Her name was Maleka (sp?)




lol, thank you for calling and getting the information.




Yes, it applies to all of the properties. Sad to see it go. It was so nice to hop off the plane and have one person go to the hotel check-in and the other to wait for the luggage to arrive. I am a bit surprised that the did shut it down because it always seemed like it was busy.





Well 24 hours from right now we should be over lake Mead .... making our decent ... YIPPIE!!! It seems like I get more excited every time I go ... I was just there early July???




I can%26#39;t believe it%26#39;s closed. That%26#39;s the biggest ripoff I%26#39;ve ever heard of! What a jip!

No comments:

Post a Comment