Thursday, April 19, 2012

Parking Questions

How does it work with using valet parking with a rental car? By that I mean, all of the rental companies insurance policies and the insurance provided by credit cards (ie. Gold Visas) state that only the renter is allowed to drive the car... is the valet parking driver covered by the hotel%26#39;s insurance or something? Or do you have to use self-park with a rental car?





Also, I am considering the following hotels for our trip: Flamingo, NYNY, MGM, Paris, Mirage and TI. Do any of them have really good or bad parking? ie. good or bad access to side streets that avoid the Strip? Really fast/slow valet parking?





Thanks



Parking Questions


I%26#39;ve used valet parking with a rental car every single trip and never had an issue.





Paris has an easy self park garage. I%26#39;ve used Valet at Mirage and never had issues...usually only 5 minutes or less to get the car back when I%26#39;m leaving.



Parking Questions


Most car rental companies do not allow under 25 drivers, but the vallet guys and gals are usually young.



Considering the number of rental cars in Vegas, I would say, the hotel will have its own insurance, just incase their driver had an accident or something.




I would tend to agree with Music Man%26#39;s post but to be on the safe side, why not contact the rental car agency and ask.




Contacting the rental car company is a very good idea. I would think that with all the rentals, the hotels would have their a..es covered.




Here is a site that will tell you about some of the parking garages in Vegas:



vegas.com/transportation/parkinggarages.html



I find the TI and Mirage are two of the easiest self park /valet garages around- using the Spring Mountain entrance. In fact- you can access many, if not most of the garages and still avoid the strip.



No, you do not have to use self-park with a rental car. Most people prefer to valet park as opposed to self park.





I never had a problem in Vegas (or anywhere else) but I do know people who have made claims at parking garages when they got the car back from valet parking and it was damaged.





Valet parking can be slow after a show gets out or around dinner time.




Any reputable valet service (such as those at the hotels) will be insured. the rental car company will tell you the standard line- no one under 25, and no one not listed shal drive the car.





All this means is that the rental car insurance won%26#39;t cover it.





However, if the valet damages the car while parking it, their insurance will pay it. That is, if you can get teh valet service to admit to it.





I had a car damaged when I was in Vegas a few months ago. I had it for three days before I noticed a big dent in the right reat that wasn%26#39;t there when I picked it up. The car had been with several valets and I had parked it in several lots. I never did figure out when it got hit.





I just told the rental car comany it happend when it was parked.





I can%26#39;t imagine how catastrophic an accident a valet would have to get into for this to become an issue.





MGG




I also had to return a car with a dent on the top of the hood. I couldn%26#39;t figure out how it got there- someone dancing on my hood? All I had to do was fill out the paperwork at the car rental agency (I am quite sure it was Thrifty) and more paperwork for my credit card company. The charges were put on my cc but I got credit within two weeks or so. Once I made out the paperwork, I was not contacted by either company.




I always call my credit card company before I rent a car-even though I have rented a car over 60 times in Vegas. I want to make sure no changes were made since the last time I rented.

No comments:

Post a Comment