Tuesday, April 24, 2012

birding in Las vegas

I want to spend some time bird watching. I%26#39;ve read there is a place at the water treatment plant - Henderson. Does anyne know if I can only get there by car? If so how much might a taxi cost?



Also: any birders know what we might see in October?



Thanks



birding in Las vegas


The are not many real feathered birds on the strip, due ot lack of bugs. If you happen to be on the strip after dark, you might get lucky and spot an owl in the vicinity of the Planet Hollywood formerly the Aladdin. Have not noticed them the last several trips but it was a surpise when I have seen them. a few mocking birds around the hotels.



birding in Las vegas


Go out of the back of the Flamingo, by the pool entrence, and there are Flamingos there....No Binoculars needed.




We%26#39;ve seen bats before around the Luxor. I am not a member of the Audobaun Society (hope that is spelled correctly), but maybe if you did an internet search, you could find the information you seek. I would also suggest contacting the City of Las Vegas directly since the city offices should have a parks dept. or something to help.




Back in the 60%26#39;s, I spotted a MoeBird ( or is that Moe Berg?)...and his distinctive call was, ';gimmethedropgimmethedrop';...and then,';fuhgeddaboutitfuhgeddaboutit';



Sorry, poppymum...I know yours%26#39; was a serious question...I apologize, and welcome to this insane forum!




Red Rock Canyon is nearby. You%26#39;d need a car, but it%26#39;s supposed to be a great bird habitat.





birdandhike.com/Bird/…Willow_Spr.htm





http://www.redrockcanyonlv.org/BIRDS.htm





See also



www.birdandhike.com/Bird/Bird_index.htm for general Vegas-area birding.


  • beauty blog
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment