Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Does everyone love Mystere?

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bad review of Mystere but my husband and I (early 30s) went last week and it was really not our cup of tea. I saw Drallion (a Cirque travelling show) several years ago, and I guess I expected it to be more like that – amazing acrobatic performances. My husband was worried it would be all interpretive dance when we booked the tickets and I assured him it would not be like that but that is basically what it was. We really disliked the babies and thought the rest was just sort of weird. The music also got on my nerves. The only parts I liked were the costumes and acrobatic parts, but they were things we had more or less seen before (probably copied from Cirque). I’m glad we only paid $50 for the tickets but I wish we had gone to see something else. It is strange because I did so much reading and research (and lurking here) before our trip to Vegas and this was the only misstep. It just wasn’t to our taste. I guess we had no way of knowing that until we saw it though.





Anyway, just wondering if there is anyone else who was disappointed with Mystere or if we’re just crazy. We loved every single other thing we did in Vegas so thanks for all the advice on these boards.



Does everyone love Mystere?


Yes....your crazy.....







Just kidding..





Mystere is so far my favorite Cirque....with KA running a close 2nd.





I did not like ';O';, and tell people it stands for ';O';ver priced, and ';O';ver-rated.





This is of course my opinion, as some people Love ';O';. and I guess, some people do not like Mystere.





I also enjoyed Le Reve. Some have said it%26#39;s the same as ';O';, but I totally disagree.



Does everyone love Mystere?


No one show is ever going to please everyone- nor should it. I have seen Mystere (twice), O, Love and Ka. I loved Mystere and Love, I thought O was good and I hated Ka (I obviously have better taste than Spike. lol).





At times you just have to take a chance on something and hope for the best. Sorry it didn%26#39;t work out for you.




Lack of Maturity , Predisposition of what too expect.








Husband enjoyed the show....I fell asleep!




No you%26#39;re not alone. We didn%26#39;t think much of Mystere either. It was OK, but I think that Cirque is perhaps just not our thing, although we did like Love.






I enjoyed Mystere - but La Nouba in Orlando is better and I have only seen Drallion on TV but would rank that above Mystere as well.




Yes, I loved Mystere but didn%26#39;t love how they handled people coming in and standing in the middle of the isle while the show was going on.




If you haven%26#39;t read a bad review of Mystere, you haven%26#39;t been on TA very long.





But ';Interpretive dance';? That%26#39;s a new one. I must have missed that part of the show. Perhaps it came somewhere between the acrobats flying upside down from pole to pole and the two guys who did amazing -- and a little weird -- things with their bodies simply by holding onto each other.





It%26#39;s been a few years since I have seen Mystere, but I don%26#39;t remember feeling like I was at a Martha Graham performance.





Oh well. As vp implies, to each his own.




I saw mystere on my first trip to Vegas. I was expecting something with a story line. It does not have any story or any rhyme or reason as to what happens next. Granted the acrobatics are world class along with costumes, but I just don%26#39;t get the idea Cirque%26#39;s shows.



Follies Bergere has a story line that you can follow.





Tried to see O but did not buy tickets in advance so it never happened.





This time going to the LOVE show, hoping for it to be worth while beyond the music.




of course not - ';everyone'; is not going to like the same shows, or anything, as it should be.



why ask if you%26#39;re crazy - even if you were the only 2 people in the world who were disappointed, all that means is you tried it and determined the show%26#39;s not for you. no big deal - personal choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment