Thursday, April 26, 2012

These boots were mad for walking...

Hi there,





I know that you need a pair of comfy shoes for Vegas.





Ladies, what shoes would you recommend without actually wearing your slippers for extreme comfort? Was looking for something that combines comfort and casual, something other than trainers.





Look forward to your suggestions...



These boots were mad for walking...


Great title Daytripster,



I wore sneakers the first few days then my I had to go buy a pair of Crocs. Everybody was cutting them down so bad on the forum and I didn%26#39;t know what they were. Nobody would dispute there comfort only that ugly look.



Dot



These boots were mad for walking...


wear appropriate shoes for your event - aren%26#39;t all comfortable? don%26#39;t you need comfortable shoes everywhere? IF you have comfortable shoes in your wardrobe now wear them - you don;t need new shoes.





sure, i%26#39;m not wearing heels to walk 10 miles, and I%26#39;m not wearing my birkenstocks to a formal dinner.





for stylish walking shoes my fav brands are: Helle comfort, donald pliner, mephisto. you might also try clarks. These are just a few of the hundreds of good, well made shoes available.





Buy what fits you and works for you - surely you know what shoes you like and are comfortable to you




bridgefan1 I was only askin for suggestions not a formal dressing down...





Be careful you dont fall off that high horse...




Really, how mad are those boots? ( j/k, : - %26gt; ) My feet get mad when I wear shoes for fashion and they were never meant for long periods of standing.





I stand for 2 and 3 hours at a time when doing educational presentations and find that the same types of shoes work well in LV that work for these work related events.





Good shoes with support, well fitted, with some cushion. I dont%26#39;t want to bore you with details but here is a brief breakdown from my experience, and I know we are all different.





Walking the strip good sneakers or a good sandal. I like soft spots, naturalizers, rockports, some of the burkies. It doesn%26#39;t have to be over the top expensive to be comfortable. Some of my most expensive shoes are only comfortable for a period of a couple of hours wear if walking a good deal.





A lower heel but not a flat in the same kind of comfort shoe for evening or a sexy higher heel and a comfort shoe in my bag to switch out after a dress up dinner or event.




Thanks Benezett and Shrinkgirl, sound advice indeed... My %26#39;comfy%26#39; casual shoes are done for and need replacing. Will check out some of your suggestions. xx




Hi





We always go for good fitting sandals eg Clarks with the air soft soles. Just stay away from high fashion for strip walking.





Clive




Oh yes! Clarks are another good suggestion! I have three pair of Clarks and forgot about them. Please do add Clarks to the list and I have a very comfy pair of Borne too.




I%26#39;d recommend, whatever the most comfy shoes are you currently have in your closet....those...are what I%26#39;d wear the days you%26#39;ll be wandering thru the different hotels on the strip. For me, my favorite Nike%26#39;s.





However, if you%26#39;re looking to buy, the perfect shoe, and then bring them to Vegas for a test drive...I just have to give a shout out to our best known local secret





www.zappos.com





Shop till you drop! : )




Maybe this would be a chance to compare comfort shoes. I worked 9 hours last night and got 2 (7 minute) breaks because 1000%26#39;s of tourists were in town and we are short handed.



When I was in Vegas , I was just trying to save my legs and feet so I could still walk when I got home.



I bought the Crocs because they are recommended by Orthopedists.



THey are extremely light and have an arch (which I need) How about you Daytripster? However, they are hard to get a correct size in. I would prefer something with a better fit (like 1/2 sizes).



I%26#39;m sure others would appreciate some details on shoes as walking is a big issue for so many of us.



I have to go do another 9 hours soon but am looking forward to all posts .



Dot




Quite agree Benezett - its saving the feet as opposed to the legs that is my main priority.





Cushioned soles are a god send - come on people let us know your top tips in the footwear department....

No comments:

Post a Comment