Friday, April 20, 2012

For you 'croc' wearers

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070917/ap_on_re_us/crocs_escalator_dangers_9;_ylt=AqwslbjZwb4qYKAApaPQ4isE1vAI





Plenty of escalators in LV.....



For you 'croc' wearers


Ouch! Although I think if people use common sense (which is rare in that town), I think you would keep you toes intact!



For you 'croc' wearers


This must be quite an issue...our news tonight has a spot on Crocs.




This is ridiculous. They were running this all over the Colorado news last night because they%26#39;re made in Colorado.





Both ';victims'; are children....3-4 years old. Don%26#39;t know many children that age that know how to step off an escalator without a parent%26#39;s help, so my question is this...where was the parental supervision during these accidents? When my kids were this age I would hold them by the wrist and tell them to hop when they would get to the top of an escalator (I would tug at the same time). Never had any problem getting my kids off one using this routine.





Blaming a shoe company for parental negligence is ludicrous.




Crocs are not shoes. I would bet the guy who invented them remembered Ho Chi Minh sandals in viet nam. a piece of tire tread and rope.




This reminds me of one of my funny Vegas memories....probably 4 years ago or so I was in Vegas with a friend and we were approaching the escalator in Bally%26#39;s to go up and out to the strip. Right as we got there a little boy (probably 7 or 8) took a digger at the bottom of the escalator....no Crocs, but his shoelace got stuck and he fell. The funny part was his dad saying ';Didn%26#39;t I tell you something would happen if you didn%26#39;t tie your shoes?'; I%26#39;m not cruel, and the kid was ok....but it was just one of those funny parent ';I told you so'; moments. SOOO.....even tennis shoes can trip kids up. Like my mom always said....';Pick up your feet!';




COtravelfan-



Oh man, I don%26#39;t think I could have stopped myself from laughing at that one! We wait 18 years (or 20, or 30 LOL) waiting for that ';I told you so'; moment!




The ';I told you so'; moment is even better when accompanied by the ';look'; that we women know how to give to our husbands (s.o.%26#39;)





I still want to %26#39;jump%26#39; when I get off an escalator - must be from my childhood memories. I remember hearing about a kid who got his shoelace caught and his leg broke (could be a myth) but it stuck with me since being a kid.



To blame the shoe company - ridiculous.




wyo_miss %26amp; Loveland,





Yep....I%26#39;m not a parent, but that was just a classic moment. If my mom had been with me she would have given me one of those knowing ';parent looks'; before she started laughing...... =)




One of my former employees fell ';up'; an escalator at the IP....I never laughed so hard in my life.... I could picture the steps hitting her chin, one at a time....





She actually had to have stitches...and I felt bad...but it was still funny.




Interesting trivia about Crocs. They have been around for years and years, as surgical shoes. They used to come in black and grey and didn%26#39;t have all the holes in them. They were appealing because they were durable. Anything that got on them (blood especially) could easily be washed off. Then one day, they decided to make them bright colors and they took off like wildfire.

No comments:

Post a Comment