Sunday, April 15, 2012

Trip Report - 9/8 - 9/15 Part Two

Sunday 9/8

I woke up at 4am fully rested yet three hours early from the mandatory breakfast meeting. However, one thing I learned from previous tradeshows is that it’s best for me to bring extra funds for alternate dining plans. So I headed on down back to Kady’s in search of a pancake meal. To my pleasant surprise and delight, they offered an “all-you-can-eat” pancake graveyard special for just $4.99. This discovery was the highlight of my stay at the Riviera. Take that for what it’s worth.

A colleague accompanied me in a cab over to the Convention Center. The cabbie looked at us quizzically and seemed hesitant to take what did turn out to be a 5-minute trip. We tipped him well for his time… and learned that as long as we avoid going out at the height of the desert heat, it wasn’t that bad a walk between the Convention Center and the Riviera.

After a ten-hour day, I headed back to the hotel and was indeed able to switch to a non-smoking room in the same Monaco Tower on the 46th (aka 6th) floor. The set up was the same. I did have a different view, facing the Las Vegas Hilton and some mountains in the eastern distance.

I was able to convince a couple co-workers to accompany me down to Margaritaville at the Flamingo. I enjoyed when I was here last month… except that I didn’t get to see the stilt-walkers or the lady sliding down in the volcano. One co-worker copied off of me and got the same Cuban sandwich I ordered. I don’t remember what the other one got. We did get our share of stilt-walking action… but we were at a slightly awkward angle to see the lady head into Mount Vesuvius. Oh well, close enough. :)

From there we decided to walk back to our hotel, making a gratuitous pit stop into the Canal Shoppes at the Venetian. While most everything there was beyond my budget – save perhaps a splurge someday for some fancy-looking gelato – one highlight was checking out a gallery by a guy named Peter Lik who is apparently a well-regarded landscape photographer. With my favored downtempo electronic music playing in the background, this made for a nice, mellow diversion.

Eventually we finished our walkabout back to the Riviera and I called it a night around 10. (Yeah, I know; another early night in Vegas. But what can I do? It does get better.)

Trip Report - 9/8 - 9/15 Part Two

Ouch...go to bed early and wake at 4am!

Okay, I think I said Sahara instead of Riviera on part one...oh well..lol

At least now you have the non smoking room...

And the cabbie looked at you quizzically. I just read one that said the cabbie was crankie...so quizzical is good....got him the nice tip now didn%26#39;t it? lol

One worked copied off me? LOL....

Trip Report - 9/8 - 9/15 Part Two

OK Tony lets get to the fun and gambling.


You must have great willpower....2 days in Vegas and still no gambling? OK...I know it%26#39;s coming......

Good idea to take them to Margaritaville....have any of them been to LV before? Glad the Riviera switched your room...and hey, at least you found something good there (the pancake special!) =)


CO, I%26#39;m far from the highest of rollers, but I knew if I was going to donate my funds anywhere, it wasn%26#39;t going to be at the Riviera.

Ironically, my work buddies had actually been to the Margaritaville in Orlando during the previous year%26#39;s trade show. But they didn%26#39;t mind going to this one. I told them that now they could say that they%26#39;ve been to Margaritaville in two different time zones! What a distinction, huh? lol

  • love girls myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment