Friday, April 20, 2012

I knew this would happen.... why do I waste my time?

A friend of mine wanted to go to Vegas, but on a limited budget. Asked me if I could do some research and get her a good deal. Got her some good deals for Sept, but she waited too long and they were gone before she got to them.





Then she emails me today asking about December dates. They want Paris or something similar, on the strip, good quality with a max. of a certain price. I spend a TON of time looking up info and suggest MGM Grand as they have a Dec. promo for $99 a night even on the weekends. Amazing deal. Also gave her Paris dates as well, although it was more expensive because the promo didn%26#39;t work on the weekends. Got her good air deals to go with it too.





She just emailed me and she booked with a travel agent. She said she didn%26#39;t know how to book directly with the hotel so she just booked with them at Paris to save the hassle. AHHH!!





Some people drive me nuts. They are so helpless. I told her I would send her the link so she could just book it there and wouldn%26#39;t have to pay the whole thing up front, but she just booked it elsewhere anyways.





WHY BOTHER ASKING ME IN THE FIRST PLACE? I feel annoyed because she wasted her money and wasted a TON of my time.





Does this happen to anyone else?



I knew this would happen.... why do I waste my time?


It%26#39;s her loss. Rates for December will very likely come down nearer the time and she won%26#39;t be able to take advantage now.





Don%26#39;t you feel bad about it. You did all that was asked of you.



I knew this would happen.... why do I waste my time?


It has happened to me, but with slightly different circumstances. This year, a friend of mine followed my advice and booked his vacation. He did not go to the hotel web site and then get the hot deals and then ask for those rates. So I will wait till we get back and then I will tell him about how much money he lost and laugh in his face. Repeatedly.




Your friend is saying she cant dial a 1 800 number.



No doubt it will be an expensive trip for her.




Now you know one of the reasons I DON%26#39;T miss being a travel agent!!! Imagine spending time researching trip info and costs to only find out the person had contacted 3 or 4 different agents/agencies and went with someone else....and rates constantly fluctuate so what you see today probably won%26#39;t be there tomorrow.





Anyway...you were helpful and should pride yourself in knowing some of the tricks of the trade!!!




I think just to retaliate, you should book the vacation for yourself, and keep letting her know just how much cheaper it is, by making a few calls yourself. Especially iterate the drop in prices as they occur.





Love proving a point don%26#39;t you?!




';Now you know one of the reasons I DON%26#39;T miss being a travel agent!!! Imagine spending time researching trip info and costs to only find out the person had contacted 3 or 4 different agents/agencies and went with someone else....and rates constantly fluctuate so what you see today probably won%26#39;t be there tomorrow';





Welcome to my world. I deal with this on a regular basis, as well as the ones that go to Priceline or Travelocity or Expedia to book something, then either find that the deal is gone, or that its a pre-paid deal where they have to pay everything up front. Or they just get plain cold feet dealing with the internet.




Sorry - you had a choice and you choose to spend your time looking into her vegas trip - if you stand on the highway and a truck runs you down are you going to go stand in exactly the same spot again? - not - wouldn%26#39;t it have been better to just give her the site and let her spend her own time booking her trip?




If a truck runs you down, I don%26#39;t think you%26#39;ll get a second chance! lol




rocklake -??? not really sure how you think this relates to being run over by a truck, but when my friends ask for help in booking a trip to Vegas, her first trip ever, I%26#39;m not going to ignore her, I%26#39;ll help where I can. It%26#39;s frustrating she chose not to use my advice, but it%26#39;s really not like being hit by a truck, whatever that%26#39;s suppose to mean.




I take it to mean don%26#39;t do her any favors again, I wouldn%26#39;t. you did 2 already for her and she again didnt care. I would be annoyed too and if she asks me for help again and it would take a lot of time, I would tell her you couldn%26#39;t help her again. why go through all that trouble again for nothing? If you would do it again then I wouldn%26#39;t complain.



she probably felt more comfortable dealing with a TA, someone who she thinks is better at booking trips that you are. I don%26#39;t think she is helpless just someone who isn%26#39;t as knowledgeable with the computers/etc...


  • ink cartridge
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment