Friday, April 20, 2012

Where are the Penguins?

Anyone know what happened to the penguins at the Flamingo?



Where are the Penguins?


Someone with some sense finally realized that 110 degree temps and penguins don%26#39;t mix, and sent them off to somewhere cooler...





Unfortunately for the penguins, the ';somewhere cooler'; location was the fridge at the Flamingo buffet, or so I heard...:)



Where are the Penguins?


Someone posted sometime ago that they had been on loan from the Dallas zoo, so I am assuming they were returned to Dallas. I miss the little guys and hope they are doing okay.



Here are a few pics of them I took sometime ago.



鈥hotobucket.com/albums/鈥?/a>




They were moved to the Dallas Zoo......they have a cowboy accent now!! LOL www.dallas-zoo.org/whatsnew/whats_1.htm




Lmaoooooo Irish Stop that!!!!!




I miss them too.....they used to be really entertaining to watch! I bet they miss being in Vegas......




I heard a rumor that someone on this very board was the demise of the penguins, but I can say no more for fear of defaming their character %26lt;g%26gt; I do miss them. The flamingos are fun to watch, but not the same.





The one thing Vegas really does not have is a real zoo---lots of animal exhibits here and there, but not in one place. For the local citizenry---not necessarily as a tourist draw. One of my pals who lives there half the year said the topic comes up often enough but is lost in the plethora of mega resort news and celebruty arrests ;-).





Course, Vegas IS a real zoo...as I said in the fair post, there%26#39;re plenty of animals unique to the Strippus Decadus environment there...




';Someone with some sense finally realized that 110 degree temps and penguins don%26#39;t mix, and sent them off to somewhere cooler...';





They were African Penguins, and were well aware of the heat. The habitat that was created for them was also cooled from beneath.




Wayne Newton has some tropical penquins. I guess we could take a bus over to his place and storm the gate.




Good idea shrinkgirl.....vp03 and I would join for you that!!! He has lots of other critters out there too doesn%26#39;t he?




Well you can always cheer for the Youngstown State Penguins Football Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment