Sunday, April 15, 2012

Hotel review etiquette.

We%26#39;re looking on some other trip boards and I notice something that some hotel reviewers on the forums do.



When you review a hotel, I%26#39;m not interested in photos of you blowing out birthday candles, standing in front of the world%26#39;s biggest postage stamp or photos of every single %26#39;tourist trap%26#39; in that city.



There are only SO MANY sunsets one can look at before becoming redundant. It sets in the west - get over it.



I would like to see what the room looks like, inside, bathroom, lobby, pools, does it have a safe, irong board.....etc.



People come on !!



Keep to the point.



Am I the only one thinking this????



Hotel review etiquette.


';Am I the only one thinking this????';





Yes.



Hotel review etiquette.


';Am I the only one thinking this????';





Pretty much. Either that or you%26#39;re spending a LOT of time reading hotel reviews...




You want to see photos of the room? OK which room?




I have to agree.....somewhat. I go to the hotel reviews to read their experience(not enough info given in TR%26#39;s) and to hopefully see pic of the room, but .....I also like to see the ';sunset'; pics if the views are ';from'; their room. If I like what I see and they provide a room#, I try to request it or a room within that area. Hotel pics from posters have swayed me from reserving a standard room or upgrade as some website pic from the hotels aren%26#39;t always accurate. Pics of the entire trip don%26#39;t belong (IMO) on the ';hotel'; review page, but I do enjoy them in a poster%26#39;s profile. I also look at reviews w/pics a lot because the hotels(and their scenery due to new construction around them), change.....for the good and bad. Hun




It%26#39;s funny cause I remember a person posting ';Vegas pics'; (not under hotel review or anything like that) to share. The entire 30 pictures or more was of the same place, same outfits, a bunch of girls drinking in a room. I just had to laugh thinking about it.



Yes I know some of you guys would be very much interested in that, but I wondered to myself ';did they ever leave the room?';




Ouch!



Maybe you should stay in Toronto.



We%26#39;ll send you pictures of the toilet and the lobby.



0341




Ok, here goes.......my rooms at the Bellagio and Mirage had safes in them and also irons and ironing boards. My room at the Mirage looked out onto the strip and the volcano. My room at the Bellagio looked out over the pool area.





This is the part of my reports I left out, naughty me!




0341 - I would love to see the photos of the car interior you slept in and the gas station bathroom you cleaned up in while in Normandy.





Sounds charming. :)




I enjoy many of the reviews and the photos, although I agree with Loveland on the ones she was referring too.





For those that haven%26#39;t checked out the latest review of Hooters and need a bit of a laugh do so. Half way through it mentions something about being offered an oceanfront view. Now what was she smoking? LMAO




The responses thus far have not been of the warm and fuzzy variety.



cptguy, I agree with you. I am not interested in personal photos unless it is someone I have been communicating with on the forum.

No comments:

Post a Comment